Matt wasn’t born in Colorado, but he got here just as quickly as he could. Matt did his undergraduate work in California, but quickly left the Silicon Valley rat race for Boulder to pursue mountain air, elbow room and a Master’s degree in Structural Engineering. He has never left. After graduating, Matt spent ten years at a larger design firm where he met his current partner at Integral, Inc. In 2007, after several years of working together, they decided to form their own firm and have been doing so ever since. Passionate about problem solving and a people-person at heart, Matt loves that he gets to combine the two each and every day when he walks through his office door.
Fun Facts About Matt
The 401 in mid-July. Those who know, know.
Almost anything by David Roberts or Malcolm Gladwell.
“A master in the art of living draws no sharp distinction between his work and his play; his labor and his leisure; his mind and his body; his education and his recreation. He hardly knows which is which. He simply pursues his vision of excellence through whatever he is doing, and leaves others to determine whether he is working or playing. To himself, he always appears to be doing both.”– Francois Auguste Rene Chateaubriand
- Integral, Inc. - Founder & Principal
- Boulder, CO
- Nicol Associates, Inc. - Senior Engineer
- Lafayette, CO
- Kiewit Pacific Co. - Estimator
- Renton, WA
- Kiewit Building Group - Engineer/ Estimator
- Omaha, NE
- Santa Clara University - B.S. Civil Engineering, Tau Beta Pi
- Santa Clara, CA
- University of Colorado - M.S. Civil Engineering (Structures)
- Boulder, CO
- New York
- South Dakota
- Structural Engineers Association of Colorado
- Associate for the American Plywood Association
- National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES)
- The Order of the Engineer